We took a small drive to Waldenbuch last weekend for a spring market where we heard there would be a petting zoo and lots of interesting things to do. It is the classic German town with a small castle in the middle of town and a few of these fountains in different town squares. Mike and I thought it was lovely and the boys wanted to know where the animals were to pet.
One last thought, sorry that it kinda looks like Mike might be using the bathroom into the fountain. I promise you he wasn't doing anything of the sort.
On our way around town we passed by a music school with this poor little bronze outside. I call it poor because the boy has not a stitch of clothing on, and all the children noticed that his bits and pieces were in the correct area. I thought he was interesting but tried hard to take a modest picture of him. In case you are wondering, he was not circumcised. I should not be shocked anymore to see things such as this, but I am not.
The promised petting zoo turned out to be a cow and her calf and some hares. These animals could care less that anyone wanted to pet them. The Hares hid the entire time and when Ashton asked me why the hares stayed in their shelter, I told him, "They didn't get that big by hanging around people. They are smart animals." Needless to say, the boys were unimpressed by this petting zoo.
We found a small place to shoot a rifle and get a prize. Sadly, Ashton and William were too young but Mike was quite happy to show them how it was done. By the way, he kicked butt on it. :)
Ashton learned how to make a paper airplane with the gentleman to his left in a toy store and then they began throwing them outside. It was hard to tell which one enjoyed it more. They both were having a good time. William on the other hand was not interested.
I took this out of shock from seeing black face. It says "Othello may not burst." Mike and I were both blown away and stood there with our mouths open for a few seconds. Apparently it doesn't offend the Germans as it would in the United States.
The boys also got to meet some German firemen and hang out in the trucks for a while. Though I think there were kind of taken aback by the woman in there with them who kept urging them to put on the fireman's uniform. They were NOT going to do it and there was no convincing them. We did have a lovely time even though it didn't really feel like a spring market since it was in the 40's. We were all happy we ended up going.






No comments:
Post a Comment