Friday, November 6, 2009

What day is it?

We have finally made it to Germany with only a few speed bumps. We had to take a good Wednesday morning to get a raised seal on the dogs' official papers and we waited almost 2 hours for this item that took 3 minutes to complete.
We made it to airport in one piece and the boys were thrilled to see the gold dome of the capital building in Atlanta. The boys were delightful but Murphy was not the pleasant dog we all know and love. He was anxious and upset to the point that he fought me trying to put him in his kennel. Picture it, if you will ... There are 5 large pieces of luggage surrounding me while I try to put the dogs in the kennel as well as wait for my gentlemen to return. Murphy always listens to me so why wouldn't he this time? Because he has lost his mind and is in a mad search for it. Apparently it is anywhere but in that kennel. after 4 tries and numerous people laughing at me I finally was able to pick this 94 pound dog up and shove him into the kennel. I bet you guys didn't know I was a part time sumo wrestler.
We arrived in Germany and could still see the frost on the ground from the plane. The boys were very excited and William exclaimed, "I love Germany! I want to hug Germany!" Did I mention that he is the only one who slept on the flight? We had to drop off our luggage at our awesome hotel and then run some errands. Each time we sat down for any length of time Ashton went to sleep immediately. It got to point that while we waited for Mike to exchange dollars for euros I tossed a tube of chapstick at him and it bounced off his cheek but he didn't even budge.
We are now delirious from lack of sleep and are hoping to sleep for the next 12 hours and understand more of what is going on around us.
Pictures will be coming soon.
Elisabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment