Things have gotten interesting in the last few days. We have moved into the house and realized why there are not as many overweight people here... stairs. We have 3 sets of stairs to traverse on a daily basis and my butt now realizes why I only had one set in Georgia. It is nice to not be in a small place anymore, but Mike misses the bed (we are sleeping on borrowed air mattresses) an I am missing the maid service.
Another great thing I have discovered in Germany is Ikea. I know we have some in the United States, but I was never privileged enough to have met one. Now I can tell you that the Ikea os 4.5 km from my house and I have been thoroughly introduced to it. So much so that the people who work there might begin recognizing me soon as the quiet woman (since I don't really speak to many people there) who is always pushing/pulling a few carts at a time and can't really seem to make up her mind about anything. That would be me. I find it a fascinating and frustrating store all at the same time or as I told my mom, an angel and a devil. If I ever go missing in Germany, the first place I would look is Ikea.
The boys are doing great in school. William has adjusted well and I have even visited his classroom a few times. I read a Mo Willems book to the class and before I sat down he informed the class, "Don't worry, my mom is a really good reader." As if they were all highly concerned. It cracked me up. I stopped by Ashton's classroom and he is blooming. His teacher is challenging him in ways he was never challenged before and its awesome! He is kicking butt in accelerated math and jumped a grade level in reading. Both boys are taking art, music, P.E., Spanish, and German.
I find myself writing this blog at the public library since we have no internet and might not have any for a few weeks. I have set up camp in the teen section and while the mac was turning on, I perused the aisles. I feel comfortable knowing I am next to Sweet Valley High and Hardy Boys, but I didn't know there was a kids Left Behind series. Who knew. Anyway, the posts might become a little sparser now that I can't do it from the comfort of my home.
No comments:
Post a Comment