We finally got a washing machine last Thursday and it looks like an unassuming piece of machinery... its a German washer and holds much less than an American version. But there are two distinct differences other than that worth mentioning. First of all, it takes over 2 hours to wash one load of clothes. Yes, you can watch a movie and still have time left over in between loads. Though after those 2 and a half hours the clothes are super clean. William decided to test out the washer for us to see just how well it works. It gets an A+. The second odd thing is that during those 2+ hours, it sounds like I am standing on the runway of Hartsfield International Airport. It seriously sounds like planes are taking off and landing in our basement. It frightened me at first, because I thought perhaps something horrible was going on outside, but then I realized it was just my washing machine. Mike and I were then reminded of The Six-Toed Cat at Pawleys Island but without the shimmying.
It has been snowing here at a pretty good rate since Saturday and the boys are loving every minute of it. Though I felt kinda crummy for not buying them snow boots just yet, so they were happy but with cold, wet feet. Oops. They now have snow boots and are happy as can be to play in the snow whenever we get home. This was the first official snow ball fight and they learned how to make snow angels. They now need to learn the art of making a snow man. They think you just pile a bunch of snow in one area.
This is William's room and he LOVES the slanted window. We have set up his cot to sit under the window and look at the stars. He thinks its a great place. Ashton's is similar, but slightly bigger. And a note to my mom, pictures of the windows are coming soon. :)

I finally took a few pictures of our hotel. There were 4 different building and we were staying in haus B. The building on the left is where all the musicals were staged and we could hear music coming from the windows all the time. It is the same place that "Wicked" is being held at right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment