
If this is a little blurry, let me help you. It says we were heading east and it was 7 degrees Fahrenheit. We decided to take a small trip to the town of Ludwigsburg last Saturday. Had we known what the weather was going to be like, we would have stayed home. It is the coldest I have ever been in my life and as my weatherman friend said, "It was cold enough to freeze the balls of a horse."
We went to Ludwigsburg to see the lovely Christmas market as well as the castle. Mikedecided to take the pictures today and probably regrets it since he had to take his gloves off to take pictures. It is quite a picturesque little town and they have beautiful angels all lit up. I think I would have liked it much more had it at least been in the 20's.
Ashton and I were still game enough to take a few pictures at the castle. I think you could go inside, but our minds were thinking of feeling our lower bodies again in the car. William decided he did not want to wear his mittens and then became upset because his hands were freezing. He nearly started to cry, but I told him not to cry or his tears might freeze to his face. Mike said his eyes might freeze open. This got him giggling on the way back to the car.
It was quite an adventure and I want to go back to actually see the town and castle. I think the boys had this vision of seeing a castle like Cinderella's at Disney World and they were a little disappointed. Though that is now our measuring stick for cold... If it isn't in the single digits, its not really that cold.
Good to finally see you in the pictures Ms Elisabeth! :)
ReplyDeletesure made for some great pics though! hope you are warmer today. :)
ReplyDelete